Let each labor be a living prayer, each body a divine temple.
If there must be religion, let it be Friendship.
Bottom of this page, please find external links for publications and services that facilitate peaceful climate, emotional balance, and collective vitality.
‘Instep’ still image from VIRGIN
BAREFOOT FRIENDS / megan hollingsworth
If I were barefoot and you were barefoot
and we had traveled long over stone and thorns in search of water
to chance upon a pair of sandals and some salve,
I would rub your feet gently, put the sandals on my feet
and carry you until your feet healed.
Then, if you would do the same for me, eventually,
we could each wear one sandal
link arms and learn to walk, if goofily, as one
‘Sole’ still image from VIRGIN
There is great danger in waking up to the cost of soullessness in a soulless place. When unsupported, waking up easily turns to crisis and invites loss of the spiritual gift in a struggle to survive.
First and foremost, tend to the primary needs of every body – healthy food, appropriate shelter, and friendly relations. Allow process, including emotional extremes, in a safe manner. Catch someone who is falling in love if you can.
SELF-CARE Publications & Services
This list can be downloaded for future reference here.
- Earth’s Diverse Faiths - Forum on Religion and Ecology at Yale
- Peacemaking: How to Be It, How to Do It - Thich Nhat Hanh (CD)
- Peace: A State of Mind - Megan Hollingsworth
HEALING & SUSTAINING ONESELF
- Eight limbs of Yoga
- Healing with Whole Foods
- Maharishi Ayurveda View of Alcohol - MAPI
- Transcendental Meditation
- TARA Approach - Healing Shock and Trauma
EMOTIONAL & SPIRITUAL SUPPORT
- Animas Valley Institute / US
- Bloom: A Manifesto for Wild Unfolding / Wherever We Are
- Grief Composting Circles – Souland / UK
- Lost Species Day - November 30th / Wherever We Are
- Mass Extinction - Grief & Creativity Forum / Facebook Group
- The Sacred Work of Grief - Wisdom Bridge / US
- Work That Reconnects / International
- Radical Joy for Hard Times / Wherever We Are
BOOKS & MAGAZINES
- Active Hope by Joanna Macy and Chris Johnstone
- Blessed Unrest: Restoring Grace, Justice, and Beauty by Paul Hawken
- Dark Matter: Women Witnessing - Online journal
- Deep Times: A Journal of the Work That Reconnects
- Grief & Praise by Martin Prechtel
- How Can I help? Stories and Reflections on Service by Ram Dass & Paul Gorman
- Kosmos – Journal for Global Transformation
- Power vs Force, The Hidden Determinants of Human Behavior by David R. Hawkins, M.D., Ph.D.
- Soul Awakening Practice: Prayer, Contemplation and Action by James O'Dea et al
- Spiritual Activism: Leadership As Service by Alastair McIntosh & Matt Carmichael
- Spiritual Ecology: The Cry of the Earth edited by Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee
- Trauma Stewardship by Laura van Dernoot Lipsky
- Yoga for a World Out of Balance: Teachings on Ethics and Social Action, By Michael Stone
©2017 Extinction Witness
all rights respected
site by NacreData L.L.C.